How to install R4 3DS SDHC card kernel?
Usually, if you already install the r4i sdhc kernel old version, such as V1.61b, it is no need to update the kernel. you can still use the r4i sdhc card to work. But if your console is 3DS V4.4.0, it is necessary for you to do it.
1.The latest r4i sdhc v1.62b kernel can be download from official website or our download page. Find the download link, and click it, then start to download.
2. After download, Unzip the patch into 4 files: "moonmemo", "moonshl2", "R4iMenu" and "r4.dat".
3. Copy all the 4 files to the root directory of the MicroSDHC card, old files will be covered automatically.
4. Insert the MicroSD card to R4i SDHC 3DS card, and put r4 card to 3DS/Dsi/DS console, power on.
Then the kernel in the MicroSD card is already R4i SDHC V62b now.
5. you can keep the game files in the SD card, no need to change them.
How to Make R4i SDHC 3DS card work on 3DS V4.4.0?
To hack 3DS V4.4.0 system, you need to upgrade the r4i sdhc 3ds card. Firstly, you need to download and install the latest R4i-3DS V1.62b kernel, then upgrade the r4i sdhc 3ds card in a DS or DSi console. There is a V1.44 upgrade file, you just use DS or DSi to run it, then start to upgrade process.
1. Power on the console to enter the R4i main menu, as below picture:
2. Choose the third button and click, you can enter next steps as below:
3. Press the "upgrade" button, you will enter the next steps as below:
4. Click "start" button to start the upgrade process.
5. Wait about 2 minutes, the upgrade process finish.
* Warnning: While upgrading, please keep the power on. Power off will cause damage to the R4i SDHC card.