Autism Parent training - How Guardian of Kid With Inability Can Avoid Feeling Alone

You can keep away from experiencing isolated by joining a local parent support group
Bookmark and Share
georgia, Georgia ( August 9, 2012 - Alpharetta, Georgia Aug 08, 2012 - You can keep away from experiencing isolated by joining a local parent support group. A lot of online communities in different states, have parent or guardian assistance groups for mother and father of children with disabilities. Some are for all parents, and some are disability related; such as autism or down syndrome. Check out with your local medical centers, inability organizations, and parent groups where you live. This will give you the opportunity to meet other parents and share experiences. Also parents with older children can share helpful parenting tips and resources that have been helpful to them.

Autism Parent Training - You can stay away from experiencing isolated by joining with other parent or guardians of children with disabilities, in various chat rooms or yahoo groups that specify for parent or guardians of children with disabilities. I have heard of many that will allow you to meet parent or guardians from all over the United States and share experiences.

You can stay away from experiencing isolated by joining a local parent or guardian or advocacy group that is probably run by a local disability organization. Try the ARC, Autism Society of America, as well as your local parent or guardian Training and Information Centers (PTIC's). All states have at least one and are funded by the federal government. Go to the Web address: for a list of the PTIC's in your state. This group can provide you with invaluable information on resources available in your community, as well as activities that you and your child with a disability can participate in.

You can stay away from experiencing isolated by trying to find special recreation programs for your child with a disability. This not only will help your child. but you will be able to meet other parent or guardians. Perhaps your family and their family can do community activities together. Look for Challenger league softball teams, Special Olympics, and programs by the special recreation group in your community.

Autism In The Classroom - You can stay away from experiencing isolated by joining a group of single parent or guardians. This type of group will allow you to meet other single parent or guardians of both sexes. Many of these type of organizations have free or inexpensive community activities for families. This will help you and your child get out of the house, and help you to feel like you are a full member of your community.

You can stay away from experiencing isolated by occasionally getting help with your child, so that you can go out and have some fun. If the child's father or mother is around, ask them to watch them occasionally, so that you can have a break. Or take turns sharing baby sitting responsibility, with another single parent or guardian of a child with a disability.

Also, you can check with your local disability agencies to see if they offer respite care. Respite care is funded by the federal government and allows parent or guardians of a child with a disability to have quality child care so they can get a break from the major responsibilities of parent or guardianing.

About the Author:

Autism Parent Training - Maximum Potential had developed a video based training program that enables school systems, parents and therapists with the ability to learn the skills necessary to provide ABA Therapy to their students and children. Our program was developed by two PhD BCBA's with over 25 years combined experience in both private and school settings.


Tag Words: teaching autism
Categories: Business

Press Release Contact
Contact Information:
Maximum Potential
11380 Southbridge Parkway
Suite 229
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Phone 877-629-7654
Fax 877-232-9674

Link To This Press Release:

Create Press Release
Press Release Options
About This Press Release
If you have any questions about this press release, please contact the listed publisher. Please do not contact prHWY as we cannot help you with your inquiry.